I'm sure he's the only puppy in his litter that can brag about his first day adventures! Here we are sitting in the auto shop waiting room. He sure was getting a lot of attention, but who wouldn't with a cute face like that!
Once we found out the damage to the car wasn't going to be fixed that day, Craig started trying to figure out how in the world we were going to get home. We finally decided to take a taxi about 30 miles to the closest airport where we could rent a car. The puppy was so well behaved in the taxi...even though it smelled funny in there. He just sat on my lap and napped most of the time. He even got another play session while we were waiting for Craig to get the rental car once we got to the airport. He was so entertaining!
Once in the rental car, it was time for dinner. It was the first time we decided to test out the crate we bought especially for him. He whined for a few minutes, but surprisingly he calmed down after a few minutes and went to sleep. He slept the rest of the trip home!
Craig told me he was so glad the car broke down after we had the puppy. He said he knew I would be so mad at the situation if I didn't have him to preoccupy me. He just kept my spirits up and made me realize that I'd been wanting a dog for so long, and there was no way I was going to not enjoy my first day with him because of the Mesko curse of crappy cars!

No comments:
Post a Comment