I think one of Toby's favorite past-times is to annoy me while I'm doing laundry. He LOVES that. If I'm at the washer and dryer he's trying to jump inside the dryer to get to the clothes or anxiously waits for me to drop an article of clothing. If I have a laundry basket on the floor or on the couch, he'll make every effort to grab a sock or a pair of underwear and run off with it. He's even pulled items through the small holes in the side of the hamper when he can't get to the top of it! I suppose we should've seen this coming because there was a good couple week stretch when if we were looking for Toby we'd often find him in the closet of our bedroom sitting on a pile of dirty laundry or (hilarious) inside a laundry basket of laundry! ha ha! :)
So, one day when he was again annoying me while I was trying to fold laundry, he ran off with a plastic hanger. This time I just let him have it...at least it wasn't a pair of underwear! Now he "plays" with that hanger all the time! He'll sit there and gnaw on it sometimes, other times he'll get himself tangled up in it and roll around and around while chewing on it, and the funniest is when he playfully nips at it, backs away, barks at it and then runs around in one of his "zoomies" circles! Plus I'm sure it helps soothe his tender gums while he's teething (he's lost a lot of his baby teeth and has adult teeth coming in all the time - odd that we still haven't seen a single tooth laying around - hmmm.)
We don't let him have it while we're gone, but it's a great distraction tool that helps me get the laundry done! :)
1 comment:
Ok, time for another update
Post a Comment