first arrived at our home. The first weekend we had him, we devoted all
our time to him to make him comfortable. It definitely worked, because he
seems completely happy with us! He's not the biggest fan of being left
alone in his crate all night long, but we're working on making that better!
Monday was his first Vet visit. He was quite a hit with all of the vets,
assistants and other customers! But, who wouldn't let out an audible
"Awwww!" when seeing him? The Vet gave him a clean bill of health and said
that he's a great looking puppy. He was very well behaved! I felt so bad
when they had to take a stool sample! He yelped like I haven't heard him
yelp before! If I had known they were going to do that, we could've
brought one of his "morning surprises" as a sample instead and spare him
the embarrassment! ha ha! He also had to get a shot, which he didn't
enjoy either. But, afterwards, he was as calm an cool as can be. I was so
proud! What a great start...
The house training is coming along, but it's pretty sporadic. The first
day he used his puppy pad and we were thrilled...then as time continued, we
realized it was only a coincidence! :) But, he does go to the back door
when he needs to go out, and we're impressed he figured that out already.
I just have to get a bell for the back door so he can ring it when he wants
to go out.
Even though house-training is a slow process, he's learning commands like a
Champ! He's already flawless on "Sit" and "Stay". He's great at "Come",
and I know that will only get better when we can actually use his name! :)
We're working on "Down" now, and he get's it maybe 20% of the time. When
he does get it, he looks so cute! :) He's just so smart, it completely
amazes me. It will be fun to have him learn other tricks that are more fun
and not just necessary. I think he really likes the Jerky Treats I bought
for him. I knew Mindy loved doing tricks for Jerky Treats, and I figured
he would too.
I've taken him on a couple walks in front of our house and the neighbors'.
He's great on a leash and rarely tugs on it. He just walks next to me or a
step behind me and sniffs around. It takes us a while to get around with
his little legs and his curious sniffing, but at least he's getting his
exercise and meeting the neighbors (who all love him!). We're pretty proud
of our pooch. And, he constantly brings a smile to our faces!
I'm so glad Craig finally agreed to let me have a dog...and I think he is,
too!
No comments:
Post a Comment