Monday, April 28, 2008

More Milestones!




(this was from 4/25 - for some reason it didn't post...)

Toby has had so many more milestones, I wish I had more pictures to show for them! I did get the camera out to catch him climbing up the stairs, though. Those pictures are from a few days ago when he figured out how to get UP the stairs, but was too scared to come DOWN the stairs! :)

Just last night, Craig noticed that Toby was up on the second floor peering down at us through the stair railings (so cute...I wish I had the camera close by!). After about 10 minutes he started whimpering to come back down. I started up after him, but Craig said to wait and see if he could figure it out on his own. He kept whimpering, but the whimpers got closer and closer to the main level as the minutes passed. He had made it half way down the stairs all by himself! So, I stayed at the bottom and coaxed him the rest of the way. Way to go, Toby!! Now, if he'll just get the nerve to go down stairs made of wood or brick...

Here are some more milestones:

1) He has discovered his bark! He started barking a little when Craig's parents were here. Usually he barks when he's playing by himself with his toys or his blanket, and it's really cute. Sometimes he barks to get our attention, but if we're eating, we quickly put a stop to that. I hope he learns to bark when he wants to go outside...he hasn't quite figured that out yet.

2) He finally figured out how to make his toys squeak on his own. That also happened while Craig's parents were in town. It's like he has a whole new batch of toys now!

3) He discovered his reflection in the window of the living room. That one was funny! I went to bed a little early one night and Craig was watching Toby. Then he just started barking and barking - which was very strange for him. Craig wasn't stopping him, instead, he was laughing! I walked out into the living room and saw him on the arm of the couch staring at the back window. He likes that perch now...especially at night when his reflection is the clearest.

4) He had to get 4 shots and a microchip implanted this last Saturday. Poor Toby. He took them all like a champ, including the huge needle that needed to put in the microchip. But, one of the shots must have really burned because he was just wailing after he got it! :( So, now he's up-to-date on all his vaccinations and he's all ready to start school!!! And, with the microchip, if he ever wanders off and ends up at a shelter, they can scan him and contact us so we can get him back. :)

5) Last night, Craig learned that Toby LOVES riding in the back of his convertible when the top is down. I was having dinner with Courtney, so Craig decided to have a "guy's night out" and took Toby to eat outside at a local Irish/Sports Bar. Toby made all kinds of friends! :)

No comments: